Tamiya 1/48 Heinkel He162 A2 - "Salamander" Kit
Item #: TAM61097
Suggested Retail: $43.00
Shipping: This item normally ships within 2-3 business days.
Following their successful Messerschmitt Me262, Tamiya releases a second WWII German jet fighter with their Heinkel He162 Salamander. This truly innovative machine, which firmly established Germany as possessing the most advanced aviation technology of the time, deserves a high quality and richly detailed model to do it justice.
About the Model
About the He162 Salamander
While the Heinkel company pioneered jet technology with its successful test flight on August 8th, 1938, it lost out to the Messerschmitt Me262 which became the first operational jet fighter. A second chance came in September 1944 when the Luftwaffe requested proposals for a single-engine jet fighter that was simple to control and produce. Heinkelís proposal was chosen because it promised a mass producible jet that could be flown by relatively inexperienced pilots. Rushed from proposal stage to finished prototype in 3 months, the He162 was first deployed to a base near the Danish border, but with only 1 month left until the end of the war in Europe, came too late to demonstrate its combat potential.
Recommended Paints To Complete This Model
TAMIYA ACRYLIC PAINTS - X and XF Series
TAMIYA SPRAY PAINTS - TS Series
TAMIYA COLOR SPRAY PAINTS FOR AIRCRAFT - AS Series
- 1/48 scale assembly He162 Salamander accurately reproduces planeís unique form, including streamlined, rocket-like fuselage, down bent wing tips and twin vertical tail fins
- Twin spars connect wings to fuselage for precise and solid attachment
- Counterweight in front balances out heavy rear section
- Canopy may open and close. Ejector seat may be removed even after assembly
- Molded parts depicting cockpit and landing gears exhibit an amazing level of detail
- Includes accurately scaled-down replica of full size BMW003 engine. Both open and closed
- engine compartment pieces are included and may be switched freely even after assembly.
- Engine may be displayed separately from plane mounted on a dolly
- Includes 1 pilot figure and more than 3 sets of markings (planned)
Constantly Saving Our Customers More Money On Their Hobby Purchases!