BACHMANN TRAINS G CLIMAX #2 DEMONSTRATOR DCC READY
Item #: BAC-85095
Suggested Retail: $1,425.00
Sale Price: $997.50
Shipping: This item normally ships within 2-3 business days.
The Class “B” two-truck locomotive, introduced by Climax in 1893, featured a horizontal boiler with slanted cylinders. The new design was an instant success and quickly became Climax’s most popular model, remaining so throughout the company’s history.
- Ready for decoder installation of your choice
- Nonproprietary plug-and-play electronics interface to accommodate the control system of your choice, including DC, NMRA DCC, and RC/battery operation
- Choose track or battery power pickup, operation according to NMRA or Large Scale railroading practices, motor power on/off, and DCC or DC operation of cab lights, firebox flicker, and ash pan glow with a center “off” position
- Switch behind the smoke box door with center “off” position to choose either DCC or DC operation of the smoke unit
- Optical sensors in the locomotive that give you the option of adjusting the timing and count of steam chuffs
- Factory-installed speaker, with wire pigtail, in the fuel bunker to allow for easy installation of optional aftermarket sound systems
- Realistic firebox flicker and ash pan glow
- Electrical pickup on all wheels
- Precision-balanced can motor
- Super-detailed power trucks with accurate sideframes, brake beams, brake hangers, brake shoes, and distinctive Climax spoked drivers
- Die-cast metal I beam frames and motor mounts
- Prototypically correct operating Johnson bar and inside Stephenson valve gear
- Constant lighting of the LED headlight and cab light
- Numerous prototype details including blackened metal handrails and coupler lift bars; air pump; accurately scaled sand lines and additional piping; brass bell, pop valves, and whistle; electric generator; and scale rivet detail
- Choice of three smokestack styles
- Locomotive cab with operating doors, windows and roof hatch, authentically detailed with globe valves, water sight glass, gauges, throttle, air brake stand, reversing (Johnson) bar, and piping
- Choice of coal or oil fuel load
Constantly Saving Our Customers More Money On Their Hobby Purchases!